A very happy birthday to Roger Squires aka Rufus/Dante, one of the best-loved crossword setters in the world. There's a nice profile of him up on the Guardian blog today, a special cryptic crossword by Enigmatist in the Guardian  and many glowing tributes written for him on fifteensquared. Do check them out.
And if you haven't yet, read Roger's interview on Crossword Unclued – the most visited post on my blog in 2011.
Here's a selection of 10 superbly crafted clues by the inimitable setter. Enjoy solving.
1. News rooms (8) Q_______
2. Well-fed, he is round in form (9) N_______
3. Loaf around for a while? (5,5) S____ ____D
4. Physical training instructor (6) M_____
5. Still to come or already gone? (4) L___
6. Father is up and about (4) S___
7. Asian playing solitaire, but not having to? (7) I______
8. Gay Lib - the organisation (6) B_____
9. Lincoln died sleeping? Apparently so (4) A___
10. Out of sight, out of mind (5,3,4) R____ ___ ___D
- Cryptic Definitions, Double Definitions and D&CD Clues
- Double…No, Duplicate Definitions
- Differentiating Between CD and &Lit Clues
If you wish to keep track of further articles on Crossword Unclued, you can subscribe to it in a reader via RSS Feed. You can also subscribe by email and have articles delivered to your inbox, or follow me on twitter to get notified of new links.