A batch of eight clues with tricky parsing. The answers are given with the clues. Can you annotate them?
Post the annotations in the comments section.
Update (2nd March 2015): Annotations added
1. Guardian 26600 (Qaos): Watch over hearts, this unwelcomed game? (8) DRAUGHTS
Annotation: GUARD (watch) over i.e. reversed, H (hearts) T[hi]S (this unwelcomed => THIS without a greeting/HI); definition: game.
2. Times 26159: Pay attention — this statement is out by a factor of five (6) LISTEN
Annotation: The statement 'L IS TEN' i.e. '50 = 10' is out by a factor of 5; definition: pay attention.
3. Times 26227: With first item taken, second doubtful (4) IFFY
Annotation: JIFFY (second) with first item 'J' taken; definition: doubtful.
4. Times 26252: Teams catch a couple of them in an impossible situation! (7) ELEVENS
Annotation: A couple of elevens is 22. Catch-22 is an impossible situation; definition: teams.
5. Guardian 26714 (Screw): What open doors and often don't close, shock horror! (5,4) SPLIT ENDS
Annotation: 'opEN Doors' and 'oftEN Dont' close i.e. contain 'EN D's i.e. split ENDs; definition: shock horror.
6. FT 15106 (Mudd): Best ever, as is ace in lap? (6-8) RECORD-BREAKING
Annotation: A (ace) in LAP is breaking LP (record); definition: best ever.
7. Independent 9144 (Donk): Appropriate, what finishes off John Does? (10) COMMANDEER
Annotation: COMMA (,) [joh]N DEER (does); definition: appropriate.
8. Guardian 26690 (Puck): Some Mother’s Pride? Worried about one slice having no crusts (4,3) LION CUB
Annotation: ([a]BOU[t] [o]N[e] [s]LIC[e])*; definition: some mother's pride.
If you wish to keep track of further articles on Crossword Unclued, you can subscribe to it in a reader via RSS Feed. You can also subscribe by email and have articles delivered to your inbox, or follow me on twitter to get notified of new links.