This set of clues uses other words in a similar way - straight meaning on the clue's surface but to derive the answer, you need to visualise the word/phrase as an exclamation.
Enjoy solving. Answers will be updated tomorrow evening.
1. Guardian 24936 (Brummie): It stops well before king (4)
2. FT 13554 (Cincinnus): Was Dickens going west? (5)
3. Times 24696: Civic dignitary spreads goodness right across county (4,5)
4. Guardian 25158 (Brummie): I say large is fine by me (4)
5. Times 24317: Desire which imparts goodness (5,4)
6. Guardian 24492 (Brummie): Bitter, drunk sour, binds one, I say (9)
If you wish to keep track of further articles on Crossword Unclued, you can subscribe to it in a reader via RSS Feed. You can also subscribe by email and have articles delivered to your inbox, or follow me on twitter to get notified of new links.