As promised in my post on Admiral Katari, here is The Hindu Crossword no. 1000 set by him. This puzzle was originally published in The Hindu on October 17, 1974. Enjoy solving.
Interactive Across Lite version created by Chaturvasi, available here: THC 1000 Interactive.
Instructions: Post answers with annotations in the comments section. Max 3 answers per person.
I'll update this post with the solution grid, handwritten by Admiral Katari, on October 15, 2012 (Monday).
Update [October 15, 2012]:
- Solution grid and clues to The Hindu Crossword 1000, handwritten by Admiral Katari
- Annotated answers to The Hindu Crossword 1000
- Remembering Admiral Katari, the first crossword setter of The Hindu
- Q&A with Six New Hindu Crossword Setters
- The Hindu Crossword Compilers: Your Views?
If you wish to keep track of further articles on Crossword Unclued, you can subscribe to it in a reader via RSS Feed. You can also subscribe by email and have articles delivered to your inbox, or follow me on twitter to get notified of new links.